Care Fee Planning
With life expectancy continuing to increase, more and more of us are likely to need some form of care in later life. If you or a relative need care, concerns about how fees will be paid can add to other worries. It is common for people to panic and assume that everything will be taken away from them.
Please note the Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate Wills.
Understanding the complex financial needs of long-term care planning is essential to ensure its sustainability. We specialise in later life financial advice and can provide you with reassurances, practical help and guidance so you can make the right decisions at the right time.
Long term care is the provision of services and advice to those with a chronic illness or disability who cannot care for themselves, or who need assistance with daily practical matters. This care can be provided at the person’s own home, in a nursing home or a residential home.
Celtic Financial are experienced independent financial advisers, working alongside trusted professionals we assist families and attorneys by providing the most suitable financial options for meeting long term care costs based on bespoke solutions. Below are some typical questions:
- What are the best options for funding long term care?
- How do I know if I am entitled to any help from the local authority?
- Will there be money for my children to inherit after care costs?
- Can my home be used to help fund my care?
- What happens if I lose capacity to make decisions?
- Should I make a will and lasting power of attorney?
- Do I need a financial and or health and welfare power of attorney?
We also work closely with NEWCIS to ensure that all those with questions have access to unbiased independent advice, with a free no obligation initial meeting.
Robert Lewis, an experienced independent financial adviser is a later life qualified specialist, he is also a Trustee Director of NEWCIS (Wales’s largest carers support charity) which gives him great insight into the needs of care fee planning.
Why Choose Celtic Financial?
We understand the long-term care system in the UK and can provide suitable advice and recommendations, by:
- Working with you and your family where needed to understand your long-term care planning needs.
- Helping you to understand the care fees and funding options in simple terms, with no use of jargon.
- Removing any anxiety, confusion or distress you may be experiencing and providing peace of mind.
- Sourcing information on the options available to you, ranging from care in your own home, through sheltered housing and care villages, to residential care homes with and without nursing care.
- Guiding you through the maze of legislation, benefits and financial options so that you can be sure that you make the right decisions for the right reasons for your family.
- Working with third party professionals such as family solicitors and chartered accountants to ensure you get the best service and advice.
- Working with local care organisations to ensure our outstanding or current practices and legislation remains up to date.